Mud Island Community Garden
Code Of Conduct
Mud Island Community Garden (MICG) is a community-based volunteer led garden. This Code of Conduct describes the behaviours and standards members and volunteers are expected to keep in order to support the vision, mission and values of MICG.
As a person involved in the activities provided by MICG, I agree to:
Care of People
- MICG recognises that people are its most important resource. I will show respect for the rights, dignity and worth of every person.
- I will treat others with courtesy and always show respect for others, providing access, inclusion and equal opportunities without discrimination and harassment.
- I will support the efforts of MICG to provide a safe and nurturing environment by modelling safe behaviour.
- I will try to give my input into the relevant decision-making processes.
- I will respect the opinions and decisions of others, knowing that I will not always agree, but will accept with good grace that I am part of a community and that sometimes my ideas and priorities will differ from those of the community collective and/or the strategic directions of the Garden Committee as a whole.
- I agree to behave with integrity in my dealings with others, and, when possible, to provide support and assistance to others using or visiting the Garden from time to time.
- I will try to be flexible, open to new ideas and actively seek to learn from other MICG Members.
- I am willing to ask others for help and give help to others when possible.
- I will hold myself to account for my words, attitudes, actions and work and I will hold others to account for theirs.
- Harassment and bullying* are not tolerated in the MICG. Appropriate processes will be used to deal with any incidents that may arise. Disciplinary action or termination of membership may result from inappropriate behaviour.
- When necessary, I will respectfully raise any issues or concerns I have with others. If not resolved, I will speak up if I am worried or concerned about something to an available committee member. If required, I will then follow the appropriate dispute resolution process according to the MICG Complaints and Grievance policy.
- I understand that being pesticide-free and organic where possible is central to the work we do at MICG and I am committed to ensuring our collective decisions and actions are informed by this at all times.
- I understand the need for structures, systems and policies to achieve the smooth running of the organisation.
- I am committed to working and behaving in a manner that has the best interests and long term sustainability of the MICG in mind, to see it become what we, as a community, envision. I accept MICG’s “Standards of Appropriate Behaviour” listed below.
Code of Conduct acknowledgement to be clicked above
I have read the Code of Conduct and understand the standards of conduct expected by all people involved at MICG. I also acknowledge that if I am found to be in breach of the Code of Conduct, I may be subject to disciplinary action, which may include the termination of my volunteer involvement and/or membership with MICG or ability to participate in MICG events and activities.
Standards of appropriate behaviour
|Appropriate behaviour||Inappropriate behaviour|
|Relationships and communication including online behaviour||
Violent or aggressive behaviour including hitting, kicking, scratching, biting, slapping or pushing
*Bullying is defined as repeated inappropriate behaviour, direct or indirect, whether verbal, physical or otherwise, conducted by one or more persons against another or others, which could be reasonably regarded as undermining the individual’s right to dignity (www.hsa.ie).